Monday, November 16, 2009

Week Three

Weekend Word Count: 2430
Total: 27, 430

Not too bad for a slow writing weekend.  I did hit a bit of a snag point on Friday that continued into Saturday, so not much got done those two days.  But yesterday, things started flowing again.  I figured out how to tie the suspect to the crime scene, and that's a big forward leap over one obstacle.  I still had the problem of what did he do with the murder weapon?  We know what it is and that it wasn't at the scene, but where did it go?  That was still a stumbling block.

Funny thing about inspiration. It strikes at the oddest times.  When I hit 27,000 words last night, I decided to stop.  My brain was getting tired, it had been a long day (we did more smoked kielbasa) and after I laid out the main part of the fingerprint issue, I was still mulling over the knife issue (murder weapon--> knife).  So, I figured 27,000 still leaves me ahead of the NaNo curve, although behind my personal goal and I'd let things simmer on the back burner for a bit.  I was sitting in the living room, dinner was finished, TV was on, and I was staring into the fish tank.  (Which looks lovely now that I've cleaned it up!)  And, BAM!, the solution to the 'where did the knife go?' problem just leaps into my head.  I know where it is and how it got there.  I think I even know how we're going to find it. 

There are times when just letting things stew for a while is the right choice. 

No comments: