Thursday, November 5, 2009

Moving Right Along

Today's word count: 2,354
Total:  11, 117

Yeah, it's going pretty decently.  I'm a bit behind where I wanted to be, but ahead of the NaNoWriMo curve, so that's a good thing.  I'd set a goal for myself of 2500 words a day, and it's been tought to get there.  Of course, giving the first story the old heave-ho and starting with a different one did put me behind, because I felt that , even though I wrote over 6,000 words on the first one, it was only fair to reset the counter when I scrapped it.

This one is going much better.  The plot is flowing, the backstory is unfolding, and I have ideas for a couple sub-plots.  Much better than sitting here, trying to figure out if there even was a main plot, nevermind anything on the side.  It's so much more fun to write when you are enjoying the story!

So here's what it's about:

Out of the Frying Pan

The celebrity chef star of a publicly popular TV cooking show is murdered in the studio. But who did it? The jealous wife who claims she is psychic and "saw" his death in a vision? The producer, angry that his star might move to a national network? The assistant chef, who some claim was the real talent behind the cooktop? The girlfriend, afraid she was losing her meal ticket?


It's up to the detectives in this small New England town to untangle all the threads and see which one leads to a killer.

No comments: