Monday, November 2, 2009

Day Two

Today's count: 2576 words
Total: 4608

Not terrible, but still behind where I wanted to be by about 400 words.  And, boy, have I hit it!  I usually don't start writing anything until I have a pretty good idea about the story:  how it starts, often the ending, and a fair idea where it is going between.  This one was different.  All I had when I started yesterday was a vague plot description.  And today, I find I did not know what to write.  I don't know where this is going.  Heck, I don't even know where it IS!  I really should have taken the time to do a real outline, because I'm beginning to fear this is not going to be a viable story.  I still think the idea is good, but it's going to need some serious work to make it a fully fleshed story.  Not a good place to be in right now.  I'm going to plug ahead.  I have to, really.  I have nothing else even close to writable at this point. 

And this week is not a good one for carving out time for writing or even thinking!  Blood work today, piano lesson tomorrow, and dr's appointment on Wednesday!  All that just cuts into time. 

Help?

No comments: