Wednesday, November 4, 2009

On Giving Up

The fantasy story is dead.  I just have no plot, at all.  Not even after wrestling out over 6000 words.  So I gave it up.  Yeah, that's going to hurt (maybe) getting to 50,000 by the end of the month, but if it ended up just a rambling mess of nothing salvagable, what good is that?  I know, many poeple say once you start a NaNovel, you should plug away because it might just turn into something.  But I really was beginning to hate the thing.  To the point where I didn't want to even sit down and try to write more.  That wasn't going to get me to 50,000 words, either.  I decided to reset the word count and not start from the 6000+ I'd done the last few days.  And it's at 8763, so things flowed pretty well.  I'm more confident with this one.  Better, much better.

Oh, what is it?  Murder mystery.  "Out of the Frying Pan" 

Tonight, I am a much happier writer!

No comments: