Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 Day of Genre, Day 14- Favorite Book Trailer

Well, I've got to say that I don't have one. I don't really pay that much attention to book trailers. Honestly, until very recently, I had no idea people even did book trailers! I don't even search out most movie trailers. We record most TV shows and run through commercials, so I don't see most of them there, and I really don't search them out for many movies, even the ones I want to see. If I happen to see a link to the trailer online somewhere, I might watch. And you just don't see links for book trailers all that much.

I am not sure that a trailer would influence my choice to read or not read, anyway. I can think of only a few movie trailers that have done that. Most of the time, I'm watching them for things I already know I want to see. And if I don't, well, I doubt the trailer is going to change my mind. I suspect it would be the same for books. I look for books by authors I've read, ongoing series I'm reading, recommendations from friends, or reviews. If I am browsing a bookstore, then cover art and the book flap are going to sway me.

I don't know. Maybe I should look at some trailers. At the very least, I'm sure there are entertaining ones to be seen.

No comments: