Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Twist

So I have the title for the NaNo project this year (have I mentioned my weirdness about titles?  No? Well, that's another blog...).  It's going to be called "Bridge Cat," and it's a fantasy involving cats, an old church, and a demon (I think).  I have a basic plot description written, as well as several characters figured out.  Sound good, right?

Yeah.  Last night, a whole new idea pops up in my head.  Same title, same basic genre, but this time it's a kid's story and so far from the original idea, I couldn't even see it in the distance!  What's up with that?  Shiny, new ideas are not supposed to rear their pretty little tempting heads now.  So far, I've resisted the urge to follow its lead and try some plotting. 

I'm going with the original idea.  I am.  Really.

No comments: