Saturday, October 24, 2009

And So It Begins

Another NaNoWriMo is set to begin.  Along with the writing process this year, I have decided to try blogging about the experience.  I really intend this to be more for my own benefit.  A place to put the triumphs, losses, good days, bad days down for later review.  Also, a place to hash out problems or roadblocks that will come up.  Sometimes, I think better if I write it down. 

So, since no writing can begin until Nov. 1, what am I doing?  Well, working (mentally for now) on the plot.  Yes, I have one- sort of.  It's a little fuzzy right now, but it's working itself out, little by little.  More will unfold as I start writing.  That's how it almost always happens.  I rarely start out writing a fully realized plot.  The basics are there; the rest fleshes out as it goes.  I've also started working on character descriptions and bios.  Not that I ever form a fully complete picture of characters, but it helps if I start out with an idea of who they are and what they look like.  Some basic outlining may get done, as well. 

A week to go.  I'm getting excited to start.  And nervous!

(Here's the link for the low down on this NaNoWriMo thing:  http://www.nanowrimo.org/)

No comments: