Friday, May 18, 2012

This Week Got Away From Me

You know how they say time flies when you're having fun? Well, that ain't nothing to what it does when you're busy with... And that's the problem. I don't know what exactly has been going on. I just know that it is Friday today, and I haven't got a review to post here, and it seems like I've gotten little else done, either. I mean, there were dishes, laundry, vacuuming, making dog food, all the usual stuff, but it also seemed that there was no time for reading or other leisure activities. It's just weird how some weeks get away from you.

On other fronts, following up on my blog from the beginning of April, the new diet and exercise program is going pretty well. As of right now, I have lost a bit over 15 pounds. I have been more regular about exercise, and have started working some strength training into my week. The less alcohol policy has been going OK, as well. I didn't quite hit all of April with none, but there wasn't much, and I've been into May with the same policy. Our "diet" plan has been good for us. We, as most people who know us are aware, like to eat, and eat well. So going with a typical diet wasn't going to work. I don't want to live for as long as this will take on salad and carrot sticks. We still eat well, and use real butter, cream, and all that. It's mostly portion control, and substituting what we can. And at least for me, I have not felt deprived in any way, and it is working. So onward!

I also managed to add almost 2000 words to the short story project this week. Doesn't sound like a lot, but some of the time was spent reading and making revision notes. I am a little behind where I wanted to be at this point, but not too bad. I should be able to catch up fairly well.

I spent some time yesterday just  brainstorming ideas. Took pen and paper (yes, those things do still exist!) and just jotted down an idea that has been floating around in my head without much coherence. Then I just started noting down the ideas that came as I thought about it. Not sure there's much more coherence, but there are some interesting directions to think on.

On to the weekend. The projects on tap are a run to the town dump with more junk from upstairs, getting a Rubbermaid small shed to store the bikes in, putting in the fence posts in the back of the yard for closing in the chickens, and getting some seedlings set out and some more stuff planted. Oh, and fitting a bike ride in there somewhere, too! That ought to keep me busy, and at least I will know what I did!

No comments: