Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thoughts On Today

I see a lot of 9/11 remembrance photos, collages, and posts all over today. And while I don't have a problem with remembering the loss of life, I also see a lot of leftover anger, fear, and hatred. To me, that just belittles the memory of those who sacrificed and died. Many people are talking about how "we all came together" eleven years ago. For me, that is the lesson we should be taking from that day: no matter how different we may seem, when you look at the bottom line, we are much the same.

Look back. Remember. But do it with respect. With openness. Without anger. Without hate. Remember the courage. Remember the selflessness of the emergency personnel who responded.

So, there will be no pictures, memorials, or the like from me. I prefer to keep the vigil silent, more personal. I'll remember in my thoughts and my prayers, within. Because, just maybe, it is time to let some things fade, so that the light can still shine through.

No comments: